3.09.2015

Joining the Classics Club

I've been looking for classics book bloggers since I started blogging myself, and . . . they're hard to find! But I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE!

The Classics Club is a consortium of bloggers joining together to share their experiences reading the classics. Which, you know . . . is a thing I do! And all one needs to do to join them is come up with a list of 50 classics you plan to read in at most the next five years. So. I am joining, and I am SO excited. Book blogging is much more fun when it includes other book bloggers.

I have hundreds of classics on my life list, but for the purposes of the classics club, I narrowed it down to what I am most interested in reading with the next few years.

Without further ado, my list:



Achebe, Chinua: Things Fall Apart
Auden, W. H.: Selected Poems
Baldwin, James: Go Tell it on the Mountain
Bellow, Saul: Ravelstein
Boccaccio, Giovanni: The Decameron
Browne, Thomas: Selected Writings
Bulgakov, Mikhail: The Master and Margarita
Chekhov, Anton: The Complete Short Stories
Collins, Wilkie: The Moonstone
Conrad, Joseph: Heart of Darkness
Dante: Inferno, the Robert Pinsky translation (re-read of Inferno; first read of this translation)
de Cervantes, Miguel: Don Quixote
Dostoevesky, Fyodor: The Brothers Karamazov
Dumas, Alexandre: The Count of Monte Cristo
DuMaurier, Daphne: My Cousin Rachel
Eliot, George: Daniel Deronda
Faulkner, William: The Sound and the Fury
Forster, E.M.: Passage to India
Gaskell, Elizabeth: North and South
Greene, Graham: The Power and Glory
Hemingway, Ernest: The Complete Short Stories
Hurston, Zora Neale: Their Eyes Were Watching God
James, Henry: The Portrait of a Lady
Washington Square
The Bostonians
Lawrence, D.H.: Lady Chatterley’s Lover
Llewellyn, Richard: How Green Was My Valley
Mailer, Norman: The Executioner's Song
Marquez, Gabriel Garcia: One Hundred Years of Solitude
Maugham, W. Somerset: The Razor’s Edge
More, Thomas: Utopia
Nabokov, Vladimir: King, Queen, Knave
Glory
Laughter in the Dark
Invitation to a Beheading
The Gift
Bend Sinister
Ada
The Complete Short Stories
Plath, Sylvia: The Collected Poems
Proust, Marcel: In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower
Guermantes Way
Salinger, J.D.: Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: An Introduction
Spark, Muriel: Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
Steinbeck, John: East of Eden
Thoreau, Henry David: A Year in the Maine Woods
Turgenev, Ivan: Sportsman's Notebook
Walker, Alice: The Color Purple
Waugh, Evelyn: The Loved Ones
Wharton, Edith: Summer
Whitman, Walt: Leaves of Grass
Woolf, Virginia: The Voyage Out
Night and Day
Jacob's Room
The Waves
The Years
The Complete Short Stories
A Writer's Diary


 

No comments:

Post a Comment